Sunday 27 October 2013

Happy Halloween to you all!


Halloween is a chance for the whole family to share time together, planning and creating magical costumes.
Here are two easy songs from our favourite website SuperSimpleLearning to play, sing and learn with your children. Hope you enjoy them!"


"Knock Knock Trick or Treat"


♫ Knock knock, [Pretend to knock on a door.]
trick or treat? [Trick-or-treat gesture.]
Who are you? [Shrug your shoulders and then point forward.] 
I'm a ghost. I'm a little ghost. [Point to yourself. Ghost gesture.]
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a ghost. I'm a little ghost.
[Float around the room making ghost noises.]
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a cowboy. I'm a little cowboy. [Point to yourself. Cowboy gesture.] 
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a cowboy. I'm a little cowboy.
[Move around the room like cowboys riding on horses.]
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a witch. I'm a little witch. [Point to yourself. Witch gesture.] 
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a witch. I'm a little witch.
[Fly around the room like witches riding on broomsticks.]
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a monster. I'm a little monster. 
[Point to yourself. Monster gesture.] 
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a monster. I'm a little monster.
[Stomp around the room with your arms in front of you like Frankenstein's monster!]
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a ballerina. A little ballerina. 
[Point to yourself. Ballerina gesture.]
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a ballerina. A little ballerina.
[Stand on your tippy toes and spin in circles.]
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a pirate. I'm a little pirate. [Point to yourself. Pirate gesture.]
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a pirate. I'm a little pirate.
[Make pirate voices - Aaaaarrrrghhh! - and pretend to have sword fights.]
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Happy Halloween. Happy Halloween. 
[Halloween gesture.]
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Happy Halloween. Happy Halloween. ♫

"Five Little Pumpkins"


♫ One little pumpkin smiling smiling. [Hold up one finger and then make a smiley face!]
One little pumpkin smiling smiling.
One little pumpkin smiling smiling.
One little pumpkin is happy. [Smile and put your fingers on your cheeks.]

Two little pumpkins pouting pouting. [Hold up two fingers and then frown and look down.]
Two little pumpkins pouting pouting.
Two little pumpkins pouting pouting.
Two little pumpkins are grumpy. [Cross your arms and frown.]

Three little pumpkins yawning yawning. [Hold up three fingers and then cover your mouth with your hand as you yawn.]
Three little pumpkins yawning yawning.
Three little pumpkins yawning yawning.
Three little pumpkins are sleepy. [Stretch and yawn like you are falling asleep.]

Four little pumpkins crying crying. [Hold up four fingers and then pretend to wipe a tear from your eye.]
Four little pumpkins crying crying.
Four little pumpkins crying crying.
Four little pumpkins are sad. [Wipe tears from both eyes with both hands.]

Five little pumpkins laughing laughing. [Hold up five fingers and then hold your tummy as you pretend to laugh.]
Five little pumpkins laughing laughing.
Five little pumpkins laughing laughing.
Five little pumpkins are playing. [Run around the room!] 

More Super Simple Songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment